12/30/2008

New Year's Resolutions

1. See at least three new places in China. I'm thinking the Tibetan villages of Deqin, and the Hakka Tulou fortress outside ex-colonial Xiamen in Fujian Province.
2. Start learning Arabic (I've already found an Egyptian conversation partner and I'm learning it as an L3, from Chinese)
3. Score a Level Nine or higher on the HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Exam). That's the level that signifies that not only can you speak Chinese, but you can do complicated tasks in the language (ie. graduate school, law, foreign affairs).
4. Research and then write up my project... vague topic.... "Autobiography and Anonymity Online in China."
5. Type up my diary from this last summer into a travel book.
- - - - - - - - - - - Return to Canada! - - - - - - - - - - -
6. Decide on what my diploma should say in 2010. Chinese Maj/Hons and Anthropology Maj/Min and... I'm also thinking of throwing a minor in Public Administration on top of that.
7. Start applying for internships/grants/jobs(?)/scholarships for 2010. Prefereably something that will take me either back to China, or improve my French/Swahili/Arabic in a native speaking environment.
- - - - - - - - - - - Ongoing projects - - - - - - - - - - - -
8. Maintain this blog. http://cnstudent.blogspot.com
9. Read the Southern Weekly 南方周末... well, weekly.
10. Last but not least, nurture the relationships that I already have and form new relationships with the people around me.

No comments:

 
China Student Blog is the intellectual property of Dylan Sherlock. Please feel free share anything you find here,
provided you give proper attribution and a hyperlink back to the original article.